Välkommen till linuxportalen.se!

Linuxportalen.se är Sveriges största och aktivaste webbplats för användare av öppen- och fri programvara.

Du besöker Linuxportalen.se som gäst vilket begränsar din möjlighet att använda webbplatsens alla funktioner. Genom att registera dig som medlem får du inte bara möjlighet att söka bland webbplatsens innehåll, skapa nya och delta i befintliga diskussioner, skapa din egen blogg, kommunicera med andra medlemmar genom privata meddelanden och delta i omröstningar. Du får också tillgång till Veckans Kadavro - en seriestrip unikt skapad för Linuxportalen.se!

Registeringen sker snabbt och är helt kostnadsfri - tveka inte, bli medlem idag!

Loggen från Ubuntus mötet med Jonte Idag 21.00 (komplett logg)

[21:00:34] hi everyone, I am Jono Bacon - the Ubuntu Community Manager
[21:00:43] my aim here is to try and solve the problems with ubuntu-se
[21:01:10] this is going to take longer than just this meeting, so don;t expect everything to be solved tonight Smile
[21:01:22] I am not here to say if one person is right or wrong
[21:01:27] I am here to try and solve the problem
[21:01:32] and to identify what the problem is
[21:01:50] all comments should go to #ubuntu-se-comments - please, please write in english
[21:02:05] I don't speak swedish so will not understand any swedish comments
[21:02:28] ok, I have recieved *loads* of email
[21:02:36] around 72 emails have been sent to me
[21:03:06] many of these emails are long and go into lots of detail, I have not had chance to read them all as I have had too many to deal with
[21:03:20] so the aim of this session is to identify the problems first
[21:03:42] it seems one of the core problems is the behavious of the loco leader - sebastean
[21:03:50] sebastean: are you still the leader right now?
[21:04:27] who is the current leader?
[21:04:49] right sebastean is the leader
[21:05:03] but there is a meeting to find the next leader
[21:05:18] ok
[21:05:29] I have heard lots of accusations of bad behaviour including:
[21:05:44] * banning people from online resources for disagreeing with decisions
[21:05:52] * removing meeting agendas
[21:06:07] * otherwise stopping fair and open discussion about how the team is run
[21:06:23] let me be clear about this
[21:06:25] very clear:
[21:06:40] this kind of behaviour is entirely unacceptable
[21:06:50] banning people for disagreeing with you is unacceptable
[21:07:05] removing meeting agendas you just disagree with is unacceptable
[21:07:18] stopping fair and open discussion about how the team is run is unacceptable
[21:08:14] it is clear that some of this behaviour has happened, and it is unacceptable and against the Code Of Conduct and the Leadership Code Of Conduct
[21:08:20] now, I am not hear to slap wrists! Smile
[21:08:26] I am not here to punish anyone
[21:08:50] but sebastean has made it clear that he is interested in stepping down and a meeting is scheduled to pick a new leader
[21:09:24] now, I am keen that this leadership process is fair
[21:09:36] I want to make sure that the team picks a leader that they are happy with
[21:09:50] so I will overlook this process
[21:10:00] I will keep an eye on how a leader is picked to ensure it is fair
[21:10:31] let me ask the team a question:
[21:11:18] "would the ubuntu-se team be happy for me to overlook the voting process and advise on it" say +1 for yes or -1 for no in #ubuntu-se-comments
Kommentar: Majoritet säger yes
[21:12:04] ok I think that is unamimous
[21:12:11] so I am going to suggest the following action:
[21:12:50] * I will talk to sebastean and work with him to ensure the voting process is as fair as possible
[21:13:14] * I will overlook the voting to make sure there is no unfair boting
[21:13:15] voting
[21:13:45] so I will not take the votes, but I will overlook the process to ensure it is fair
[21:14:16] part of this is ensuring that the team knows about the vote and each member gets a vote
[21:14:37] I want the voting process to have the following rules:
[21:14:39] * it is open
[21:14:47] * everyone is free in who they can chose
[21:14:49] choose
[21:14:58] * everyone can make their vote anonymously
[21:15:41] now, in terms of nominations, I will deal with those who want to volunteer themselves for the vote
[21:16:15] I will think over the next two weeks about how this voting process will work but rest assured it will be open
[21:16:20] I understand the concerns about the forums
[21:16:33] and I understand the concerns about sebastean dealing with the nominations
[21:17:09] in fact, I will try to do this in quicker than two weeks
[21:17:26] but I will define the voting process and be in touch with ubuntu-se about how it will work
[21:17:45] sebastean: are you around?
[21:18:02] jono: What do you mean by the voting process being "open"?
[21:19:18] md2perpe: those who want to stand for leadership will go through me so I can list those who want to stand, and everyone, including those who are banned will get one vote
[21:20:05] now, I want to think about the voting process before I go any further
[21:20:14] it is clear though we need an open vote that everyone can be a part of
[21:20:41] sebastean is unwilling to take part in the meeting
[21:22:06] Jono: What about the server rights for ubuntu-se.org and other media that sebastean have today. Can thay be transferd too someone more trusted person?
[21:22:14] swe_henke: we can discuss this in a later meeting
[21:22:28] can I ask an open question
[21:23:07] "do you feel most of the problems in the loco right now are the fault of sebastean?" please say +1 for yes and -1 for no
Kommentar: Majoritet säger yes
[21:24:37] right it is clear where the concern lies
[21:24:50] but that does not mean that sebastean is entirely at fault
[21:25:04] I am not assuming sebastean is the only person who has made mistakes
[21:25:35] but I need to understand where most of the concern is laid
[21:25:48] although I do wish sebastean would be here to take part
[21:25:54] he is unwilling to take part
[21:26:18] now, I am not interesting in finding out who is to blame
[21:26:39] I am interested in finding a new leader who will not do the things that have been accused
[21:27:22] so, I propose this line of action:
[21:27:47] * I am going to sit down and develop as open a voting process as I can
[21:28:04] * I will post to ubuntu-se and ask for leadership nominations soon
[21:28:33] that is what will happen first
[21:29:21] so the first step is for me to define the voting process, and then we can look at the voting
[21:29:32] the server and the forums will be fixed later
[21:29:41] this process will all take place on IRC and the mailing list
[21:30:00] jono according to me don't know what this conflict is about and therefore I will not join the discussions. I'm sorry.
[21:30:14] sebastean: I have given you lots of opportunities to put your side forward, and you have not done so once
[21:30:33] sebastean: I am keeping this open and objective, but it requires *you* to defend your position
[21:31:07] ok, I would like to schedule another IRC meeting
[21:31:15] it will have to be two weeks as I am travelling
[21:31:44] sebastean: what are the reasons for banning so many people?
[21:31:50] answer in -comments
[21:32:38] ok sebastean refuses to take part
[21:33:04] ok, I am going to call this meeting to a close, with the following action:
[21:33:14] * I will develop an open voting process
[21:33:40] * We will schedule an IRC meeting to discuss how the voting works
[21:33:50] this meeting will take place in two weeks at the same time
[21:34:02] 8pm UTC on Mon 19th Feb
[21:34:33] * Nafallo has changed the topic to: För svensktalande Ubuntuanvändare (kodning: utf-8) | Engelskt möte mån 19/2 21:00 här! | Ubuntu Sverige: http://ubuntu-se.org | Använd http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org om du vill klistra in 4+ rader
[21:34:43] I understand there are concerns about people being banned and not being able to vote, but I aim to have a full and frank voting process
[21:35:15] we will solve these problems but I encourage sebastean to take part and let his side of the story be told - I am sure sebastean acted in good faith, but thee are concerns that need to be discussed
[21:35:33] sorry the meeting cannot be sooner - I am travelling
[21:35:44] we will solve these problems folks! Smile
[21:35:52] we will make ubuntu-se a rocking loco team!!! Smile
[21:36:25] ok, speak to you all here in two weeks at the same time
[21:36:33] please tell the full team to attend
[21:36:43] bye all!